The cosmetic items in PUBG game received numerous codes since March of 2017, and there were over 5 million item codes that worldwide players did receive through multiple events and promotions. These distributed codes didn’t have any expiration dates, causing a lot of bad cases when the codes were not used for the intended purpose, or even being exploited. Therefore, the development team made a decision on deactivating the current item codes so they can stop the misuses and will be able to advance a better item economy.
Thanks to the new change to the Bonus/Gift Code Policy, players will have new chances to gain more item codes via many events and promotions in the forthcoming time.
Item codes deactivation in PUBG game
The deactivation for the item codes will be executed in accordance with the Bonus / Gift Code Policy” listed in [Operational Policy]. Make sure you learn about the code deactivation schedule and see some applicable codes.
- Keep in mind that you are not able to redeem the codes after deactivation.
- For all the owned item codes you gained for free, you should read this announcement in detail.
- Bonus/Gift Code (“Code”) Policy
1) The codes were given out to the customers by PUBG game in order to help them redeem and use skins easily, like costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents, including free contents or paid contents through some authorized affiliate firms or directly from PUBG. With the free codes, players can easily obtain them from PUBG game and they don’t have to purchase them with real money. The codes are distributed to the customers just for promotional and marketing purposes. If you obtain the codes after engaging in an event and/or a tournament, they can still be regarded as free codes.
5) The free codes have an expiration date which is 3 months after the day they have been issued. In case they are already expired, you will not be able to redeem them.
Deactivation Schedule and Codes subject to Deactivation
- Code redeemable until: 23:59, Sunday, April 25 (Tentative) (KST)
- Code deactivation as of: After Monday, April 26 (KST)
- Codes subject to deactivation: By taking a look at the first 4 characters of the serial number, you will know the codes subject to deactivation. For example, the codes will commence with P153 as the prefix are deactivated, and this means that P153-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx is deactivated.
With the following prefixes that the codes commence with, you will know that they are subject to deactivation. (Use Ctrl+F to find the prefix fast)
- P040, P042, P043, P044, P045
- P049, P050, P051, P052, P053, P054
- P080, P081, P083, P084
- P087, P089, P090, P091, P092
- P112, P113, P114, P115, P116, P117, P118, P119
- P122, P124, P126, P135, P138, P139, P140
- P144, P145, P146, P147, P148
- P150, P151, P152, P153, P154, P155, P156, P158
- P160, P161, P162, P163, P164, P165, P166, P167, P168
- P173, P174, P175, P176, P177, P178
- P182, P183, P184, P185, P186, P187
- P190, P191, P197, P198, P199
- P201, P202, P203, P204, P205, P206, P207, P208, P209
- P210, P211, P212, P213, P214, P215, P216, P217, P218, P219
- P220, P221, P222, P223, P224, P225, P226, P227, P228, P229
If you don’t know how to redeem your current code item before it is deactivated, you should check out the guides below.
How to redeem codes
- Step 1: Open PUBG game
- Step 2: Go to the in-game store
- Step 3: Select items
- Step 4: Add Bonus/Gift code